CANADA LYNX (Lynx canadensis)



Canada Lynx for sale

Looking to get Canada lynx for sale , buy Canada lynx or order Canada lynx online then look no further. Wildcatsforsale we are here to make sure you get what you want and at your own convenience. We understand convenience is the word everyone is looking from every distributor. We do ship and our delivery is 100% safe and discreet. Buy lynx cat from us and get the best quality you can get.

The Canada lynx is a mid-sized boreal forest carnivore that occurs across most of northern North America. At 75-90 centimeters (30-35 inches) long, weighing 6-14 kilograms (about 15-30 pounds), and with grizzled gray fur, lynx are similar to bobcats (Lynx rufus) in size and appearance. The lynx’s exceptionally large paws, long, black ear tufts, and short, black-tipped tail distinguish it from the more common bobcat. With its large feet and long hind legs, the lynx for sale is highly adapted to hunting its primary prey, the snowshoe hare (Lepus americanus), in deep, powdery snow.”


In the northern part of its range, the lynx for sale serves as one half of a classic predator-prey relationship, feeding almost exclusively on the snowshoe hare, a large northern rabbit that wears a brown coat in summer and a white one in winter. The two species evolved together, the cat becoming a specialist in killing the hare, and the hare becoming adept at eluding the lynx. The lynx for sale kills an average of one hare every two or three days. It will turn to killing grouse, rodents, and other animals if hares become scarce. The link between lynx and hare is so tight in the North that the two species’ populations fluctuate in almost perfect synchrony.

Lynx Cat for sale

Hare populations follow a natural cyclical pattern, changing approximately every 10 years from abundance to scarcity and back to abundance. Adult lynx usually survive periods of hare scarcity, but their kittens often do not. As a result, the lynx population follows a similar pattern, with its peaks and valleys lagging one to two years behind those of the hare. Lynx populations south of the Canadian border were probably never as abundant or dense as the more northern populations.

Lynx for sale online

The diet of lynx in these southern areas is more varied—including squirrels, small rodents, grouse, and hares—and the populations are less dense and less productive than their northern counterparts. This low density and productivity make southern lynx for sale populations especially vulnerable to the ever-increasing human activities that affect the abundance of the lynx’s prey base in these regions, or that may cause lynx to avoid areas of otherwise acceptable habitat.


Lynx and snowshoe hares are strongly associated with moist, cool, boreal spruce-fir forests. Landscapes with high snowshoe hare densities are optimal for lynx survival and reproduction, and research suggests that hare densities consistently at or above 0.5 hares per hectare (0.2 hares/acre) are needed to support persistent lynx populations. Hares are most abundant in young regenerating or mature multi-storied forests with dense understory vegetation that provides food and cover.

In the northern contiguous U.S. (i.e., the Lower 48 States), boreal forests become naturally patchy and marginal for lynx as they transition to temperate forest types that support lower hare densities. Such forests cannot support lynx populations, even though snowshoe hares may still be present. Snow also influences lynx for sale distribution, and populations typically occur where continuous snow cover lasts four months or longer. Such areas are believed to provide lynx with a seasonal competitive advantage over other terrestrial hare predators like bobcats and coyotes (Canis latrans).


Lynx are broadly distributed across most of Canada and Alaska, which combined encompass about 98% of the species breeding range. The contiguous U.S. distinct population segment (DPS) accounts for the other 2% and includes resident breeding populations in northern Maine, northeastern Minnesota, northwestern Montana/northern Idaho, and north-central Washington.

An introduced population also occurs in western Colorado, and several other areas may have historically supported small resident populations (e.g., northern New Hampshire, Isle Royale, Michigan, northeastern Washington, and the Greater Yellowstone area of southwestern Montana and northwestern Wyoming). Lynx also have occurred temporarily in many other states, typically during irruptions (mass dispersal events) from Canada when northern hare populations underwent dramatic cyclic declines roughly every 10 years.

Where to get Lynx Cat

You can get lynx cat from us at affordable prices. You can also get lions for sale, tigers for sale, snow leopard for sale, cheetah for sale, jaguar for sale, serval cat for sale, mountain lion for sale, caracal for sale right here from us. We do ship and our delivery is safe and discreet.